An ASP may hold positions at the technical level or program management level and may directly supervise employees. Your knowledge of safety concepts and expertise in fundamental safety assurance methodologies can make you a key member of a project, operational, or design team. An ASP may be called upon to coordinate safety activities, conduct basic safety analyses, identify hazardous situations, and recommend or oversee implementation of risk reduction measures.
Ref. Board of Certified Safety Professionals website
The main objective of the workshop is to provide participants with the necessary context to pass the Associate Safety Professional (ASP) exam administered by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
- Be Safe’s Handbooks.
- TI-30XS Exam Approved Calculator by BCSP. (Fees maybe applied)
- Guidance and support to complete your application on the BCSP website.
- Completion Certificate through Be Safe LearnHUB.
- 12 Months Premium Membership Subscription to Be Safe’s LearnHUB,
- Participants will have unlimited access to the following:-
- 1300+ of questions covering all domains using real exam interface.
- UNLIMITED access to ASP knowledge gap analysis.
- 600+ Flashcards.
- Online Quizzes
- Attend Live & Recorded Webinars.
- Final Exam Simulation (Same Interface as the real exam)
- Personnel Dashboard to monitor your learning progress
- Study Groups & Forums
- Premium discount if needed to renew or extend the premium membership.
- Guidance and support to complete your ASP application include your academic degree evaluation.
- Suggested resources and study aids.
- Guidance on areas where you need additional study.
- Dedicated Mobile App.
Successful completion of the course requirements is expected to result in participants’ increased ability to:
- Pass the ASP exam.
- Obtain answers to questions about the examination process.
- Understand the available resources to prepare for the exam.
- Master of the Texas Instruments TI-30XS Scientific Calculator.
- Practice basic concepts and knowledge of chemistry and physics through Blueprint.
- Recognize safety management theories.
- Solve exposure assessment basic algebra and trigonometry to solve various safety problems
- Apply industrial hygiene principles to anticipate, evaluate common health hazards.
- Apply the basic math calculations needed to answer math problems.
- Recognize legal and ethical challenges in the practice of safety and health.
- Identify areas where additional preparation is needed.
- Understand the appropriate methods to conduct effective HSE training and communication.
- Design an individual study plan that ensures exam success with the support of the instructor.
- Master competencies needed to pass the BCSP exam.
Exam Prep. ONLINE Workshop
Associate Safety Professional (ASP) Examination Preparation Workshop. The ASP Exam is the first step required the two test processes to achieve CSP the gold standard certification for HSE Professionals. During this workshop, you will review hundreds of questions addressing all nine domains covered in the exam blueprint that will guide you toward full competency in the safety field. This computer-based examination consists of 200 questions that examine the candidate’s applied knowledge and the application of experience gained through professional practice.
Download ASP Exam Blueprint
BCSP Certification Services will review your application once it is submitted. You must meet all certification requirements to be eligible for the certification. Once determined eligible, candidates have one (1) year to take and pass the certification’s examination.
You have one (1) year from the approval of your application to purchase and take your examination. The ASP examination costs $350 and can be purchased after your ASP application is approved.
You may purchase an examination by logging in to My Profile and selecting the “Purchase Exam” menu button. You will receive an authorization code by email which you can then use to schedule your exam at Pearson VUE test centers. You may schedule the exam at any time available as long as it is six (6) weeks from your last exam attempt.
BCSP’s examination service provider, Pearson VUE, has hundreds of test centers located around the world. Examinations are delivered via computer at the test center. As soon as candidates submit their exam, official results are available.
- Will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in any field or an associate in safety, health, or the environment
- The associate degree must include at least four courses with at least 12 semester hours/18 quarter hours of study in the safety, health, or environmental domains covered in the ASP examination blueprint
- Will have one (1) year of safety experience where safety is at least 50%, preventative, professional level with breadth and depth of safety duties
- Must pass the ASP examination
- Maintenance of certification
- Annual renewal fee (170$)
- Recertification requirements
*When applying for the ASP with a degree from a college outside the United States, that degree will be evaluated for U.S. equivalency. Contact us for more details on the documentation required, requested during the application process.
Before you purchase your exam, please verify that the name and contact information we have matches your valid, unexpired, government-issued photo-identification, which you are required to present at the time of testing. You may view and update your contact information by logging into My Profile on BCSP Website and selecting “Manage Profile.” If at any time you require a name change, please contact BCSP.
To purchase your exam, log into My Profile and select “Purchase Exam.” You have a choice between purchasing one exam or an exam bundle, which includes an exam, a Self-Assessment, and a second exam attempt if the first is unsuccessful.
Once you have paid for your exam you will have until your eligibility end date to take and pass the examination. Note that you may purchase and take your exam any number of times while eligible, but should you take your exam and not pass, you may take the exam again no earlier than six (6) weeks after your last attempt.
For information on what is covered in the examination, please review the examination blueprint on its certifications’ web page.
You may consider purchasing a Self-Assessment, a diagnostic tool offered by BCSP that helps candidates determine their areas of strength and weakness.
Before scheduling your exam, note that BCSP maintains accordance with the Americans for Disabilities Act and the amendment (ADA/ADAAA) and provides U.S. and international candidates test accommodations for documented disabilities as outlined by the ADA. If you require an accommodation other than those pre-approved, please email email@example.com with your request. Note that this request must be made prior to scheduling your exam.
Once you purchase your certification exam, you will receive an email from BCSP with details on how to schedule your examination. This is your Exam Authorization Letter, and it provides you authorization to schedule your exam. It is a good idea to schedule in advance of the time you would like.
BCSP contracts Pearson VUE to proctor our exams. You may schedule your examination appointment with Pearson VUE online by visiting www.pearsonvue.com/bcsp or by calling +1 866-717-3653 (for testing locations in the US, US territories, and Canada). Do NOT call a local testing center to schedule your appointment—Local testing centers are not authorized to schedule, reschedule, cancel, or confirm BCSP examination appointments. Save all examination appointment confirmation emails until after you complete your examination.
Note that you will forfeit your exam authorization and the fee you paid if you:
- Do not schedule, keep, or arrive on time for your appointment; or
- Improperly attempt to schedule or reschedule your appointment; or
- Fail to present valid government-issued photo identification with your name exactly as it appears on your Exam Authorization Letter; or
- Engage in unethical, unprofessional, or disruptive conduct at Pearson VUE.
Plan in advance and achieve your certification on exam day!
Take Your Exam
The following information provides insight into the rules that must be followed on exam day so that you can best prepare.
Pearson VUE requires you to bring a valid, unexpired government-issued ID bearing both your picture and signature. Acceptable identifications include a permanent North American state or provincial driver’s license/identification card, military identification card, national identification card, European Identity card, or permanent resident card. If you are testing in a country NOT of your citizenship, your passport will be required. NOTE: Your name on the provided ID must exactly match your name on file with BCSP.
Candidates are provided an on-screen calculator during the exam. The on-screen calculator emulates the TI-30XS scientific calculator. Test centers do not provide physical calculators or allow candidates to bring in their own.
You must comply with all security processes at testing centers. Please contact the location prior to the exam to learn about their specific procedures.
As you sign in, the testing center staff will provide materials for working out calculations by hand. You are not allowed to take any notes, books, papers, purses, hats, coats, jackets, pagers, mobile phones, electronic devices, or other materials into the secure testing room. You may not access other personal belongings until you complete your examination. The only exceptions are comfort aids and approved accommodations consistent with ADA/ADAAA.
BCSP recommends you complete the tutorial at the beginning of the exam to help familiarize yourself with the computer-delivered examination process. You must agree to comply with BCSP’s Code of Ethics, examination security, and non-disclosure rules before you can begin the exam. Once you complete these steps, your examination clock starts.
Examination Time Allowed
You will schedule your own breaks. These breaks must be taken outside the secure testing room, but inside the building (or part of the building) controlled by Pearson VUE. You must sign out and comply with any/all security measures when you leave your workstation for any reason. Your examination clock continues to run during these self-scheduled breaks.
You will receive examination results immediately after you submit the exam at the testing center.
When you pass your examination, you will receive notification from BCSP, be granted digital badges for your certification, be listed as a BCSP certificant in the online Credential Holder Directory, and gain numerous exclusive benefits.
You will have achieved certification, and be recognized for your safety knowledge and skills!
Ref. Board of Certified Safety Professionals website